Stable and growing property management company in Bloomfield Hills, MI seeking a full time commerical accounting clerk.
1. Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
2. Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
3. Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
4. Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
5. Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
6. Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
7. Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
8. Code documents according to company procedures.
9. Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
10. Operate 10-key calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
11. Professionally communicate with coworkers, contractors, vendors, and residents.
12. Be able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
13. Must be organized and able to prioritize.
Commercial Accounting Clerk (continued)
14. Identify and report to management issues involving the residents and tenants and their associated accounts, payments, and bills.
15. Execute all duties related to Accounts Payable (AP) for assigned properties.
16. Execute all duties related to Accounts Receivable (AR) for assigned properties.
17. Correspond directly with tenants, vendors, and coworkers to resolve AP/AR issues.
18. Maintain parking rosters and other inventory lists and correspond directly with tenants and coworkers to ensure accuracy of the information.
19. Assist with inventory, recordkeeping, and ordering supplies.
20. Assist with scheduling contractors and vendors, maintaining records.
21. Maintain utility summary files for bill backs, CAM reconciliations, and reporting.
22. Run and create monthly standard and custom reports for commercial properties.
23. Correspond directly with tenants on billing and collection issues. Correspond with legal department to create 7 day notices or 30 day notices to review with Property Manager and/or Area Directors.
24. Serve as point of contact for tenants with general questions to support assigned property manager and/or Area Director.
25. Communicate with and assist Central Maintenance, maintenance technician, property manager, and Area Director personnel as needed.
26. Help at other Princeton properties when deemed necessary.
27. May be asked to assist Supervisor/Manager/ Area Director with other tasks and duties relative to portfolio operations.
Must exhibit attention to detail, adaptability, flexibility, cooperation, dependability, a concern for others, integrity, self control, stress tolerance, good communication skills, troubleshooting, active listening, sound decision making ability and initiative to take on responsibilities and challenges. Must demonstrate the knowledge of clerical skills, accounting, invoicing, and reporting skills, and safety and problem solving techniques.
Prior office, clerical, and accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred.
Benefits include dental, vision, life insurance, medical, AFLAC, 401k, paid vacation, holiday & sick time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fax resume: 248-683-6093