Full time grounds person for apartment community in Southfield, MI.
What certain criteria is needed for the position:
- Professionally communicate with contractors, vendors, and residents
- Must possess positive attitude and desire to make a difference
- Be able to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Must be organized and able to prioritize
- Identify and report to management issues involving the employees, property or residents
- Gather and remove litter from grounds
- Maintain clean dumpster areas
- Plant flowers, plants, trees, and shrubs
- Pull weeds from flower beds, mulch areas, lawns, sidewalk cracks, etc.
- Water flowers and grass
- Complete grass repairs, including rototilling, laying soil, seed, and/or sod
- May mow and maintain lawns using power mowers, trimmers, edgers, etc.
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Mix and spray fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Maintain parking areas and sidewalks including sweeping, blowing, patching, painting
- Lay mulch around trees, shrubs, and flowers
- Perform exterior painting and wood replacement
- Keep building entrances neat, clean, and attractive
- Maintain property signage
- Maintain amenity areas such as playgrounds, picnic/BBQ areas, etc.
- Maintain pool and operate pool equipment, including: Testing water and recordkeeping, adding chemicals, adding water, vacuuming, keeping deck and restrooms clean, etc.
- Help maintain operable exterior and common area lighting including performing light checks and replacing bulbs or fixtures
- Remove ice and snow from walkways, porches, and drives as deemed necessary for safety
- Repair or patch walkways and parking lots using concrete mix or asphalt patch.
- Inspect roofs and attics, perform temporary repairs, maintain gutters
- Operate powered equipment such as mowers, edgers, whips, blowers, tillers, tractors, power washers, snow blowers, hedge clippers, sod cutters, chainsaws, etc.
- Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, loppers, shears, axes, etc.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure that machines, tools and equipment continue to run smoothly.
- Assist with inventory and keeping shop areas clean
- Remove trash and debris from vacant units, assist bailiff with evictions
- May help turn vacant apartments to make them ready for leasing
- Help maintain common hallways and community room areas
- Use proper safety precautions at all times
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. and climbing ladders to various heights is required
- Help at other Princeton properties when deemed necessary
- May be asked to assist Maintenance and/or Manager with other jobs as deemed necessary by management
Must have valid driver’s license and vehicle
Competitive wage and benefits (PTO, paid holidays, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, medical, FSA, 401k, ROTH 401k, AFLAC)
Equal Opportunity Employer