Property Management Company is seeking groundskeeper candidates for a beautiful apartment community located in Englewood, OH.
Must exhibit attention to detail, adaptability, flexibility, cooperation, dependability, a concern for others, integrity, self-control, stress tolerance, good communication skills, troubleshooting, active listening, sound decision making ability and initiative to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Must demonstrate the knowledge of mechanical skills, safety and problem solving techniques.
- Professionally communicate with contractors, vendors, and residents
- Must possess positive attitude and desire to make a difference
- Be able to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Must be organized and able to prioritize
- Identify and report to management issues involving the employees, property or residents
- Gather and remove litter from grounds
- Maintain clean dumpster areas
- Plant flowers, plants, trees, and shrubs
- Pull weeds from flower beds, mulch areas, lawns, sidewalk cracks, etc.
- Water flowers and grass
- Complete grass repairs, including rototilling, laying soil, seed, and/or sod
- May mow and maintain lawns using power mowers, trimmers, edgers, etc.
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Mix and spray fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Maintain parking areas and sidewalks including sweeping, blowing, patching, painting
- Lay mulch around trees, shrubs, and flowers
- Perform exterior painting and wood replacement
- Keep building entrances neat, clean, and attractive
- Maintain property signage
- Maintain amenity areas such as playgrounds, picnic/BBQ areas, etc.
- Help maintain operable exterior and common area lighting including performing light checks and replacing bulbs or fixtures
- Remove ice and snow from walkways, porches, and drives as deemed necessary for safety
- Repair or patch walkways and parking lots using concrete mix or asphalt patch.
- Inspect roofs and attics, perform temporary repairs, maintain gutters
- Operate powered equipment such as mowers, edgers, whips, blowers, tillers, tractors, power washers, snow blowers, hedge clippers, sod cutters, chainsaws, etc.
- Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, loppers, shears, axes, etc.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure that machines, tools and equipment continue to run smoothly.
- Assist with inventory and keeping shop areas clean
- Remove trash and debris from vacant units, assist bailiff with evictions
- May help turn vacant apartments to make them ready for leasing
- Help maintain common hallways and community room areas
- Use proper safety precautions at all times
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. and climbing ladders to various heights is required
- Help at other properties when deemed necessary
- May be asked to assist Maintenance and/or Manager with other jobs as deemed necessary by management
Must have a valid drivers license and reliable vehicle.
Excellent benefit package includes paid holidays and PTO, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment, MDLIVE online medical, AFLAC, 401k, and ROTH 401k.
This is a great opportunity for any qualified individual to work for one of the most premier Management companies in the State and has high potential for quick growth from within.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay is based on experience and will be negotiated after base interview.