Property Management Company is seeking maintenance supervisor candidates for a beautiful apartment community located in Goose Creek, SC.
Must exhibit attention to detail, adaptability, flexibility, cooperation, dependability, a concern for others, integrity, self-control, stress tolerance, good communication skills, troubleshooting, active listening, sound decision making ability and initiative to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Must demonstrate the knowledge of mechanical skills, safety and problem solving techniques.
· Professionally communicate with contractors, vendors, and residents
· Effectively lead, manage, and supervise others in a professional manner
· Must possess positive attitude and desire to lead by example
· Be able to work both independently and as a member of a team
· Must be organized, able to prioritize, and oversee multiple projects simultaneously
· Identify and report to management issues involving the employees, property or residents
· Responsible for inventory, recordkeeping, and ordering supplies
· Schedule contractors and vendors, oversee work, maintain records
· Complete service requests in occupied apartments
· Maintain common hallways and community room areas
· Turn vacant apartments to make them ready for leasing
· Remove trash and debris from vacant units, assist bailiff with evictions
· Repair or replace window glass and screens
· Paint and/or touch up paint as needed
· Carpentry tasks including: Repairing/replacing drywall, doors, trim molding, cabinets, countertops, tile work, etc.
· Electrical work including: Replacing light switches, receptacles, GFCIs; Installing light fixtures and ceiling fans; Locating shorts and open circuits
· Appliance repairs including replacing: Stove burners, switches, and oven elements; Refrigerator thermostats, defrost timers, and fan motors; Dishwasher switches and pumps; Washer and dryer repair, etc.
· Plumbing work including: Repairing/replacing faucets, tubs, commodes, water heaters, showers, sinks, garbage disposals; Unclogging drains; Repairing leaks of all kinds, etc.
- HVAC repairs including troubleshooting and replacement of components, etc. Should have or be able to achieve EPA Refrigerant Recovery Certification
- Maintain operable exterior and common area lighting including replacing bulbs, timers, photocells, starters, ballasts, fixtures, and locating shorts, etc.
- Remove ice and snow from walkways, porches, and drives as deemed necessary for safety
- Perform general grounds duties, including picking up trash, planting flowers, pulling weeds, laying dirt and mulch, growing grass, moving hoses, fixing fences, sweeping walkways, etc.
- Maintain pool and operate pool equipment, including: Testing water and recordkeeping, adding chemicals, adding water, vacuuming, keeping deck and restrooms clean, etc., as well as seasonal and daily opening, closing, and completing repairs
- Repair or patch walkways and parking lots using concrete mix or asphalt patch.
- Inspect roofs and attics, perform temporary repairs, maintain gutters
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure that machines, tools and equipment continue to run smoothly.
- Complete work required by municipalities and building inspectors
- Perform after-hours on-call services for designated maintenance emergencies and customer convenience issues
- Work overtime when needed
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. and climbing ladders to various heights is required
- Communicate with and assist Central Maintenance personnel as needed
- Help at other properties when deemed necessary
- May be asked to assist Manager/ Area Director with other tasks and duties relative to community operations
Must have a valid drivers license and reliable vehicle. Must be CPO and HVAC certified and own basic tools.
Excellent benefit package includes paid holidays and PTO, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment, MDLIVE online medical, AFLAC, 401k, and ROTH 401k.
This is a great opportunity for any qualified individual to work for one of the most premier Management companies in the State and has high potential for quick growth from within.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay is based on experience and will be negotiated after base interview.