Property Management Company is seeking property manager candidates for a beautiful apartment community located in Watford City, ND.
Must exhibit attention to detail, adaptability, flexibility, cooperation, dependability, a concern for others, integrity, self-control, stress tolerance, good communication skills, troubleshooting, active listening, sound decision making ability and initiative to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Prior managerial experience required. Must have knowledge in fair housing guidelines and regulations.
- Must be able to guide, direct and motivate subordinates including team building, setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Efficiently and effectively communicate in verbal and/or written form to residents, vendors, corporate office, peers and subordinates
- Must possess positive attitude and desire to lead by example
- Be able to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Must be organized, able to prioritize, and oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Communicate with Area Director on issues involving the employees, property or residents
- Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment routinely to determine necessity of repairs or maintenance.
- Investigate complaints, disturbances and violations, and resolve problems, following management rules and regulations.
- Manage and oversee operations, maintenance, administration, and improvement of residential property.
- Knowledge of preparing detailed budgets and financial reporting for property
- Responsible to maintain, report and verify payroll for staff.
- Advertise property, including paper and internet ads, flyers, and outreach marketing
- Host resident and community events when deemed appropriate by Area Director
- Maintain apartment availability and unit status records
- Maintain traffic reports and guest cards
- Respond to internet marketing leads
- Deliver quality telephone leasing and sales presentations, attempt to get callers into office
- Meet with prospective tenants to show properties, explain terms of occupancy, provide information about local areas, take applications.
- Determine and certify the eligibility of prospective tenants, following government regulations and company qualifications
- Prepare Lease Agreements and associated documents
- Collect rental fees and deposits
- Record keeping of tenant ledger account cards and balances, including monthly audits
- Diligent tracking and collections of delinquent rent
- Prepare and deliver 7-day notices to tenants and attorneys
- Assist attorneys in representing property at court. Provide records, testify if necessary
- Prepare, and send to corporate, required weekly traffic and/or leasing reports
- Prepare and deliver lease renewal offers, follow through with residents, negotiate lease renewal contracts
- Inspect grounds to ensure proper appearance and strive for outstanding curb appeal
- Address resident violations of community rules and regulations
- Oversee maintenance department, including completion of resident service, turning of vacant units, grounds keeping, inventory, recordkeeping, and ordering of supplies
- Schedule contractors and vendors, oversee work, maintain records
- Review, code, and approve invoices, forward to corporate for payment
- Work cooperatively with corporate office staff, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, human resources, facilities, marketing, administration, financing, etc.
- Ensure annual calendar tasks are completed as required
- Work cooperatively and maintain positive relations with local municipalities
- Communicate with and assist Central Maintenance personnel as needed
- Help at other properties when deemed necessary
- May be asked to assist Area Director with other tasks and duties relative to community operations
Must have a valid drivers license and reliable vehicle.
Excellent benefit package includes paid holidays and PTO, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment, MDLIVE online medical, AFLAC, 401k, and ROTH 401k.
This is a great opportunity for any qualified individual to work for one of the most premier Management companies in the State and has high potential for quick growth from within.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay is based on experience and will be negotiated after base interview.